Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Its Monday 22 April, 2013, Earth Day and I am in the process of writing assignments reaching the end of my first term of being a student and completing 3 modules towards my degree BSoc Sci in Psychology.  And what a gift I have given myself - I am really loving the process of being a student, of studying, learning, integrating and grounding the amazing world of the human psyche.



I keep wanting to sit and write my blog and share what I am experiencing and learning but first of all I just don't seem to have the time and then I am not always sure how much everyone is interested in the intricacies of my studies and learning processes.  For me its inspiring, its expanding and the travelling that I did last year on my sacred adventure, is happening deep within my own psyche, an adventure and  a journey that I am enjoying and experiencing to its fullest, although it doesn't contain the same external beauties like the amazing places I visited and shared last year, its beautiful on another exceptional level.   I wish I could express the colours and the depth of this adventure, and I suppose I do with my words and my writing, and is expressed in the beauty that is surrounding me in the unbelievably beautiful city I have chosen to live in. I need to undertake to write more and share more and give you all some of the tastes of life in South Africa, in Cape Town and in my world. And it helps me to ground and formulate my journey if ever I feel off my path and not connected.  This is medicine for my soul and I am so grateful to have the space to write and share like this.

There have been amazing adventures I have been on in the 4 months of living here in Cape Town and 6 months since returning home.  Every now and again I get an opportunity to share some of the stories of my journey last year and the amazing places I visited and people that I met, and I get a big smile on my face as I tell people about where I went and who I met and connected with and the sacred and exceptional journey I had.  And seeing so many places on movies or on tv reminds me of how blessed I am to have been able to visit so many and see so many famous landmarks.  AHHHHH - the sound of the heart - in deep gratitude for the opportunities I have had, and am having and experiencing right now.

So let me share a bit about my life in Cape Town - I never realised when I decided to relocate to Cape Town after returning to SA after my life changing adventure, how challenging it would be.  When I landed I didn't know where I fitted in and as I didn't have a home or even a home town for a while, it was really weird - I needed to ground on many levels, and one of the first things I did when I moved into my new home was plant some herbs in the earth - touching the earth and growing herbs is so rewarding and enriching and this has helped to ground and I now have a worm farm where I am feeding my kitchen peels and scraps and the worms are creating amazing food for my plants - its a beautiful cycle that feeds my soul and my life deeply. Its simple but creating this has really made me feel part of the process of living with the earth.  I am growing spinach, celery, parsley and beetroot now as I am juicing every morning and picking my own leaves (if the snails leave me anything :-( ) is such a rewarding thing.  Hout Bay is filled with many sources of delicious, home grown, organic veges and salads and so I am able to source so much food grown with love and not messed with in any way - another amazing blessing and something I missed hugely while travelling - we have wonderful fresh grown food here in SA.  No more sugar and wheat filled pastries for me !!!!!

On 14th February we participated in the world Rising Up against women abuse and I played my drum as part of the dances in the community of Hout Bay - it was a wonderful sharing and my first step into this community as a drummer and sharing what I have to offer in the way of rhythm and connection - standing in a circle with about 30 members of the community, and holding the energy about the day and what it was we were standing for, was a very deep and touching experience for me.  Much about my own journey rose up that day, and where I have come from and how much I have to offer and share  now, from where and who I am.  Coming back to Cape Town for me has been a full circle and the woman I am now, in 2013 is very different from the broken, fragmented woman I was as a survivor from a horrendous marriage and a young mother, in the 1980's.  This is part of my story and I feel it has so much worth and power to heal and inspire me and many other women and girls.


My sacred drumming and rhythm workshops have begun, every full moon, connecting with women and they are really beautiful and inspiring.  I have found an incredible space in Hout Bay where I am holding the full moon circles (www.avalonvillage.co.za) and this has opened a sacred beautiful awareness around me and through this I have met some very inspiring women.  I am working with a beautiful woman one on one doing spiritual and drum therapy and am looking to expand this offering and my sacred drumming & rhythm workshops.



My facebook page for this is : https://www.facebook.com/nidhisacredrhythm.


Beloved Turiya (http://www.divinemeetings.com/turiya-interview-about-her-work-and-trainings) came to Cape Town to facilitate a workshop/training on the Diamond Essence - the work of deep experience on essence.  This was such an amazing opportunity for me to reconnect with beautiful people and recreate a space for me in this new community and touch into what is familiar and safe for me.  I loved the 4 day workshop, and was really able to touch some of the obstacles within and understand more about my own essence and my space in this world.

There are so many more exceptional stories that I can share and yet I feel this is sufficient for now and it feels contained and complete.  My life is inspiring and although I am feeling a loneliness and still a stranger in this city, and in fact within myself, as I assimilate and land and ground, whenever I take a moment a reflect, like I have done now, I am aware of how inspired and blessed I am.  I am connected and held in all that I am doing and am trusting the power of this beautiful life, as it is !




I will write again soon, and I send blessings, love and peace to the world - om shanti shanti shanti.


No comments:

Post a Comment