Tuesday, February 14, 2012

and my sacred adventure begins ............

To begin this adventure has taken months of planning, arranging, creating and so many emotions are arising and as I prepare for the packing up of my life, putting into a storage container.  I am amazed at how exhausted I am right at this moment ........... there have been many, many years of so much of life's experience to get me to this point - 14 Feb 2012 -  the appropriateness of this time and this day and the opportunities that have presented themselves into my life at this time.  are all petals of this beautiful lotus flower of my life.


I think what I am realizing is that actually sitting down and beginning to write and express what I have set out to do, to write a blog about this adventure, to write a book about the women and in turn the divine feminine archetypes making up my life, to share the wisdom and the deep, sacred and holy information of these times for people now and for future generations and to share the depth and rhythm of drumming and facilitating and the magic of working with rhythm as it heals and brings people together so beautifully, is a huge task and undertaking.  And where does one begin with a task like this ?


The most important aspect of my very full and cluttered life full of responsibilities, has been to release myself of most of the responsibilities,  in order to create a space to be able to embark on this adventure and to write.  I feel that there is a well within, deeply connected to Spirit that is bubbling to be expressed and to just have the time and no commitments or requirements for me to fulfill and honour besides my own needs, my own desires and my own dreams, is just such an amazing thought.  And a good vision to hold in my mind's eye as I feel so ovberwhelmed by the packing process :-)


This is an amazing process - shifting my home and my comforts into boxes into a storage garage and to minimise my very full life into a suitcase and a backpack - and take off in perfect love and perfect trust on this sacred adventure.



I am on a Sacred Journey – I live in South Africa on the southern tip in paradise and am a Facilitator, Drummer, Writer, Artist and many other things.  My journey will be taking me to Italy, Bali, Croatia, Latvia, Russia, Greece, Spain and the UK and will last 8 months in time, but a lifetime in shift and energy. It begins NOW !

It started with me first of all needing to take a sabbatical from my life, to travel and explore myself and some of the world through my eyes and with my heart. I am undertaking to begin writing 2 books and keeping a travel blog – one book is based on my work as a drumming therapist and facilitator and the work that I do which is deeply transformational and inspiring shifting trauma and connecting groups and individuals with their own inner rhythm and light while connecting with Spirit through the most unbelievable tool – the drum. This will take the form of a thesis/paper which I will have published and which will assist with bringing Drumming to be used as a mainstream mechanism in Music Therapy.

And the second  is a book about the Women in my life and the role of the female archetypes and the opening and exploring the inner Goddess and the Divine Feminine Principal. My journey to Latvia is for me to connect with and discover where my ancestors originate from and give me more insight about my Grandmother (who was born there), my great grand mother and the generations before them – my feminine line.

Both these works, although each taking a different medium and form, come from and to the same place and share the purpose of sharing wisdom and divinity with all.

Each place, town, centre that I am visiting on this journey is sacred and envelopes retreat in various forms and ways.  It’s through the peace and tranquillity of retreat, of being in nature and out of the mayhem of tourism and city business, that I am able to really connect with my own true nature and do the work that I AM called to do. 


So here I go on  ........................my sacred adventure !



1 comment:

  1. Hi Nids
    Thanks for sharing this special sojourn with us. I wish you every success in your ventures and look forward to reading your works. Keep the blogg alive! As my niece and her friends used to chant to passengers on cruise liners who stopped at her village in Iceland - GUTE REISE, GODA FERD, BON VOYAGE AND HAVE A NICE TRIP!

    ReplyDelete