Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Inspired and touched beyond words. . . . . . . . .

In 2 months I will be heading back to SA - and my life will resume in a completely different and transformed way.  Having time away and with all the incredible experiences I have had these past 5 months has given me a perspective different to anything I have had before, and I knew that this was going to happen and was behind the planning and creating this adventure.

Leaving Corfu was a turning point for me.  I loved my time there, I loved Greece, meeting my family and being at Buddha Hall connecting with such beautiful people, opening my heart and really realising who I am in a deep, essential way.  I feel whole and thinking back to the past 5 months of travelling and being in so many countries where I was not able to communicate, and yet have made the most incredible connections and have inspired so many people. 



And so I was in Spain.  I am physically tired of travelling, feeling a bit over stimulated by all the amazing places, buildings, sacred sites, architecture and so much more, that I have seen.  The extreme heat I experienced in Moscow, and then Greece and in Spain really drained my energy and after the exceptional heart opening of Light of Love (LOL), I felt a bit lonely arriving in Spain.  But, I had met a couple from Barcelona at LOL - Yolande, a Criminal Judge and Francesc, a Property Lawyer who live in Barcelona, and they welcomed me and took me out and really took care of me for my first 24 hours in this unbelievable city, Barcelona.  This was amazing, being  with this amazing couple,  still glowing in the LOL energy, showing me the sights in an Audi A3 Cabriolet with the top down, really sexy car :-).  We went for the best Sangria, went to the most exceptional restaurant, Da Greco, where I got to eat food like I never tasted before - out of this world.  Owned and run by Tony, who has collected art-deco furniture, artifacts, sculptures, mirrors, chandeliers from all over the world.  The next day Yolande and Francesc took me for Paella and it was so amazing - I have to say here that in Spain I had the best and the worst of food and this Paella and the meal at Da Greco were food hi-lites for me.  Having such  amazing people, who went out of their way to give me the most amazing taste of Barcelona again reflect to me the joy and light that I am reflecting as its so beautifully reflected back to me.  Thank you so much Yolande and Francesc your generosity and kindness is so appreciated.





And then I met Gaudi - now I have heard about Gaudi, and was told by so many that I had to see his work when in Barcelona, but I never in my wildest dreams realised what an experience of genius and illumination I was about to encounter.  His work with connecting with nature and sacred geometry, his architecture, creations that are illuminated and so beautiful that they touch a space deep within that is hard to express in words.  This was certainly an experience of the Sacred for me, and I was deeply touched by this work.  Le Strada Familia was something to behold, each pillar, mural, turret, piece of architecture, mosaic is a beacon of light and genius that shines so brightly in Barcelona.  One of many, many masterpieces created and designed by this exceptional human angel.  The Guell Park, built and created in total harmony with nature, and evoking stories of dragons and magic, each structure and building resonating such beauty and extraordinary design.  This was an incredible man indeed.  And I am so grateful for the experience of witnessing some of his work.  







From Wikipeadia " Much of Gaudí's work was marked by his four life passions: architecture, nature, religion and love for Catalonia. Gaudí studied every detail of his creations, integrating into his architecture a series of crafts in which he was skilled: ceramics, stained glass, wrought ironwork forging and carpentry. He introduced new techniques in the treatment of materials, such as trencadís, made of waste ceramic pieces.After a few years under the influence of neo-Gothic art and Oriental techniques, Gaudí became part of the Catalan Modernista movement which was reaching its peak in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. His work transcended mainstream Modernisme, culminating in an organic style inspired by nature. Gaudí rarely drew detailed plans of his works, instead preferring to create them as three-dimensional scale models and molding the details as he was conceiving them. Gaudí’s work enjoys widespread international appeal and many studies are devoted to understanding his architecture. Today, his work finds admirers among architects and the general public alike. His masterpiece, the still-uncompleted Sagrada Família, is one of the most visited monuments in Spain. Between 1984 and 2005, seven of his works were declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. Gaudí’s Roman Catholic faith intensified during his life and religious images permeate his work. This earned him the nickname "God's Architect" and led to calls for his beatification.



After Barcelona, I traveled to Santander where I was due to catch the ferry to Plymouth, and honestly it was just too much to explore much more.  Feeling overstimulated, overwhelmed and needed time to allow my experiences in Corfu with Deva and Miten and the with Gaudi to sink in - I have just needed peace and quiet since then, in preparation for my next 2 months and for all the past 5 months to sink in - its been remarkable and extra-ordinary, each place having its own essence and own story, I think it will take me the rest of my life to really process all that has transpired for me during this journey and there is still so much more to come. 














I know the question of where was my favourite place is going to be asked, it already has been, and its an interesting question as each was different, each was amazing, each was challenging and each touched my soul and my heart in many different ways.  And I have made the most amazing friendships that will be with me forever from USA, to Sweden, to Germany, to Russia, to Latvia, to Bali, to Spain, to Italy and to Greece and especially Corfu.  And now to England and Scotland - my light and my words and my energy and rhythm is spreading - how blessed and incredible and inspiring is that knowledge.



My plans for the next 5 years are clear for me and its amazing to have a 5 year plan, that can change in any moment and is not set in stone,  but has given me a feeling of excitement and much to look forward when I get home.  And that is happening sooner as time flies by and I arrive back in SA on Thursday 1 November.  Over the next months I will share my plans as they are grounded and manifest, and my 
sacred divine journey will continue when I am in  
                                     South Africa, which is so exciting and amazing for me.


And now I am exploring the very magical and sacred Cornwell, and being here where they have had very little summer is such an amazing contrast from the extreme heat that I experienced over the past few months.  I can feel my energy slowly returning and although I miss the sun so very much, I am grateful for the coolness and misty moments.  

Until next blog, be blessed and love and light to you all.

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti 
xxxx


















No comments:

Post a Comment