Thursday, March 15, 2012

15 Days to Go .....

Today is 14 March 2012 - I have 15 days left until I leave SA for the adventure of my lifetime. I am feeling this on a very deep level and haven't been sleeping so well - 2 AM is usually where I get the panic of what I am about to do - and the hours until around 5 are long with so many emotions running through my body and thoughts playing in my mind.   


I am presently in Johannesburg staying in a lovely guest house in Parkview - a little suburb near the Zoo Lake,  surrounded by trees and old houses with so much character and history.   The guest house is called Remote Corner and it is exactly that - what is so funny for me is that its quieter here than my house in Knysna was, there are so many birds and creatures living in the garden.  My little room is called Flower Pots and its in a very established colourful garden and a wonderful big black pooch called Hagrid or Haggie as he is called, who has become my friend - he gets my toast crusts in the morning.


This is Haggie !
The beautiful Gardens of Remote Corner
My room Flower Pots !























I am really pleased to introduce my very special travelling companion who will be accompanying me on my travels - her name is Lucy.  She has her South African Flag and an Aids Awareness Red Ribbon and she was given a lovely gift from another friend Julie which she is wearing on her waist.  Lucy will change, be decorated and adorned as we travel to our various destinations. 
Lucy is a Travelling Doll created by my friend Suzi Smart.
"Simple forms guide play, simple facial features allow for a range of human emotions
and various fabrics ensure a tactile experience"

And the time has come for me to share the outline Itinerary for my Sacred Divine Adventure.  I would like to say here that this journey has developed and taken the form of a Sacred Adventure where everything links and flows exactly how it is divinely inspired to do so.  Taking a sabbatical from my life is the depth and truth behind this adventure.  And so is utilizing this opportunity to write my blog, begin my book and the paper which will support my application for the masters programme I would like to create on my return. 


I have a huge amount to share and to learn and travelling and exploring on this journey will all contribute to this and allow me the space to re-create and present myself.  Its an unfolding, and a journey that is going to push me from my comfort zone of safety, build and embrace my self confidence and get me to experience life in a completely different way to what I am used to.  Most people I have told of where I am going and what I am doing refer to "Eat Pray Love" - and yes there is an aspect to my journey that is similar to Elisabeth Gillbert's experiences in her book but its more to me than just that.  The concept of Eat Pray Love are representative of Physical, Emotional and Spiritual aspects of my life and I believe that each country and town or village I visit will reflect the Physical, Emotional and Spiritual aspects within myself and contribute to my Sacred Divine Adventure.


I leave SA on 29th March en-route Rome via Frankfurt.  I arrive in Rome at 09h20 on Friday 30 March 2012.

30 March - 21 May I am in Italy, travelling by train from Cities to country villages and town, and allowing myself to be in each moment and experience a country that I have always dreamed of visiting.  I have booked many quaint, quiet, very old country spaces to stay that have views of vistas, authentic Italian hospitality and are rich with history and culture.  I have a train ticket so this will be a slow journey giving me the opportunities to take my time and experience as much as I want to without rushing to meet deadlines.

23 May - 27 June I am in Bali, staying a rented house in Ubud where I plan to spend the time writing and getting clear about how to present my book.  I am hoping to have some special visitors visiting me in Bali.

29 June - 7 July I am doing a cruise around Croatia - lots of swimming in the water and seeing magic castles.

8 - 14 July I am visiting Latvia and investigating and visiting the village where my grandmother was born - investigating the female line of my ancestors.

14 July - 4 August I am in Russia - here I will connect with my friends from Dances for Universal Peace and exploring St Petersburg, Grishino and Moscow.

4 August I fly to Athens to meet my new family Sasha Chaitow and then to Corfu to meet her parents Leon and Alkmini Chaitow.  

I leave Corfu 19th August enroute to Spain - via Ferry and train accross Italy and Ferry to Spain where I will be until 3 September.  And then my final destination is the UK where I will be until 31 October 2012.

Om Gum Ganapatayei Namaha

Om and salutations to the remover of seen and 
unseen obstacles 

I AM Divinely Blessed 


No comments:

Post a Comment