Saturday, March 31, 2012

Buongiorno from Roma

I don't think I anticipated the immensity of this step I have taken and leaving SA has been really hard for me - and of course my deep attachment to certain people does not help with the letting go process.  The wisdom that keeps arising within me is to Stay in Each Moment.  Its so obvious and yet something that I seem avoid and as soon as I project a little into the future and allow the fear to step in, I see so clearly what Staying in Each Moment is about.  So it is in this moment that I am writing in Rome in Laurogrotto B&B 47 via Appennini writing my first blogpost on Italian ground.

Building up to leaving I became really ill with a touch of pneumonia and have brought this horrible,  tight chest with me - and all I do is cough and cough.  I have some "not so nice" meds to take and I am sure once I settle into a new rhythm and allow myself to completely let go and Be in each Moment, the tightness and restriction will subside and I will start to feel better.

Rome is beautiful and wondering around the streets yesterday and going to the Piazza Navona last night drinking a glass of Italian wine and eating simple pasta, listening to the various musos express and share their passion, and of course hearing lots of English being spoken all around by the various tourists was so wonderful.


blooming Wisteria on an old building
statues in a garden 

Arriving in Rome from the airport


Piazza Novana

Piazza Navorna

Artists displaying their work in Piazza Navorna
this sax player serenaded me with a very sweet
rendition of Love Story Theme







A Jamacian lady took this photo of me in front of one of the
 fountains in Piazza Navona




























































Today is a new day, its with new eyes and wonder that I set off on my next adventure - trying to get onto a topless bus and go for a drive around Rome - the weather is lovely - its warm and spring is in the air.

There is still a remnant of the fear of letting go of my comforts and familiar life that lingers within my physical and it is this feeling that is propelling me to focus on each moment and allow to be what is.
I am blessed to be here doing this and experiencing the magic and wonders of the world.  We are all so connected and I have been able to skype, sms, bbm and call as if I am just up the road, which I suppose if we look at the map, I am.

Ciao for now xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment