Sunday, March 4, 2012

Unplugging from Paradise

I have lived here on the Garden Route for 14 years - 2 cycles of 7 years, and the essence of peace, beauty, nature in her abundance, no rushing, wonder and extreme awe have filled each day of these 14 years.  Sure life has had its ups and downs, and there have been some very dark spaces, mainly light spaces, but underlying all of this has been existing in this equisite paradise.

One memory that expresses this  for me is the day that the planes flew ino the twin towers (9-11-2001) - there was extreme drama playing out on the television, so disturbing and unbelievable - I went outside to just breathe and the vast lawn outside my house was filled, completely, with bright, yellow dandelion flowers, with their faces open to the warm sun - it still brings an opening in my heart thinking about it, and it was in that moment   I felt such a deep gratitude for where I was on this earth and for the ultimate gift I had created for myself of living in paradise.

The reason I am feeling this now is because in 6 days time I am leaving the Garden Route to begin my adventure and the visual and tactile experiences and the awe I experience in each moment of each day will change.  And right now I am unplugging myself from this paradise, about to shift into a moving, ever changing, roaming, busy and completely different reality.

My most sacred place on the Garden Route, a space of holiness and deep connection with Spirit, where I pray and feel 100% tuned into consciousness is my Sacred Goddess River, the Hoogekraal River.  This has been my sanctury for 13 of my 14 years here and a point of reference in my life where I connect and feel whole and ONE with God/Goddes/I AM Presence.  She holds me, lightens my load & my heaviness, cleanses me, absorbs my tears and her waters replenish my skin and my hair, rejuvinates and sanctifies me each and every time I swim in her amber water.  And she is the prescious jewel I will always focus on, keeping me connected and part of the Garden Route, as I wander off on my sacred adventure.

Goodbyes are sad, they mean so many things and often feel like a separation or an ending of something.  I am choosing not to say goodbye, just so long, my way forward is filled with so many hellos, new experiences and adventures, so the feeling right now is that I am unplugging from this reality, this paradise, these beautiful people who grace my life.

Sala Kakuhle (fare-well) Garden Route, Bless you .............

No comments:

Post a Comment