Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Where am I now ?

Monday 30 April 2012

Its been a month since I landed in Rome and as I reflect back of the past month and the amazing experience I have had, the moments of deep loneliness and isolation, the physical aspects and my own limitations, and see where I am now - both in the present moment and metaphorically, I smile to myself and see how far I have come.  And how much further I have to go.


 After leaving Bagni di  Lucca, which was really lovely and gentle and a hell of a mission to get to for such a short period of time, I caught 1 bus and 3 trains to arrive at my next destination - Sostio A Levante just outside Framura which is on the coast just after Cinque Terra.  This farmstyle B&B is run by Laura and Lucca - and they are so hospitable and warm and welcoming.

www.sostioalevante.com
What an absolute treat it has been staying here, chilling and just being in the fresh country air, and the peace of being in the countryside once again.  I have spent 4 nights here and its been wonderful.  My first afternoon, I met the most wonderful couple from Sweden - Christina and Lief, who have visited and stayed in Knysna and loved South Africa so much.  We got on so well and spoke for hours and hours about South Africa, life and its many splendors, their wonderful relationship and how they met, our children, and generally had the most wonderful connection.

Catherina and Lief from Sweden

My first day and second day here the weather was perfect, and I spend the day after arriving, sailing around the whole of the Cinque Terra in a ferry going all the way to Portevenere and then exploring Palmaria, I.Tinetto and  I. Tino on the beautiful blue, crystal clear water, surrounded by snow capped mountains, and even seeing dolphins playing the the water, a blissful extremely beautiful experience.  The towns are amazing and built on high rocks, grapes and vegetable grown on terraced gardens created by hand on the slopes of the rock faces that are just absolutely amazing.


 
 



The rain then set in and its been wet and cloudy since then, with a hour or 2 of clear skies where I have had an opportunity to explore  the farm and the wonderful things on offer.  I love the goats and spent much time coaxing them out of their hock to come and say hello.


Last night (29 April) I met 3 wonderful Italian women who live part-time and work in Milan, Patrizia, Anna & Patrizia - so amazing to meet like minded women and we had a really good chat again about life and the magic of Findhorn, Damenhur and all those kind of interesting things.
Patrizia, Anna & Patrizia
And then today while sitting in the dining room listening to a talk by Drunvalo Melchizedek, met a wonderful couple from Arizona - Julie and Karen who are both police officers - Julie teaching self defense and Karen doing administrative work for the police department - inspiring and again we just connected and there was a wonderful re-pore and energy between us.


Julie & Karin from Arizona 
Laura in her amazing kitchen
Lucca - the butler, taxi, wine maker and many other things


















This has been such an awesome space for me and just being here, quiet and content, I have met some absolutely amazing people and made some really deep connections for which I feel so blessed.  I reflect over the past month and realise how amazing this sacred adventure is and how much more I have to look forward to.

During my stay here my beloved daughter Nicole has arrive in China and learning a new way with a completely new culture.  The first couple of days have been really challenging for her and its amazing how, no matter how old and independent one's children are, their happiness and well being is paramount. I have carried each emotion and fear that Nicole has gone through settling in and it has touched me so deeply feeling so at a loss of not being able to go and make it better.  But with all the amazing technology I have been able to chat with her on skype and she is settling into a rhythm - for this I am greatly relieved.

And tomorrow I am off to France - to Antibes to be exact to visit and be with my friend Ursula.  I am so excited not only to visit the Cote d Azur but to see a friend from home, to be able to hug and chat and cook and drink wine and just be in familiar territory for a while and share.  This is so important to me and the part of travelling alone that I missed so much, the intimacy of friends.  I leave very early tomorrow morning and catch 3 trains to get to Antibes but should be there by 4 tomorrow afternoon and then have 4 nights and 3 full days to just experience and play.  What bliss.

'Till next time - be blessed.
Om Shanti Om






No comments:

Post a Comment