Saturday, April 28, 2012

Being Brave ……

“I count him braver who conquers his desires than him who conquers his enemies ; for the hardest victory is over self” – Aristotle (384 BC – 322 BC)




DSCN1515
When I started this adventure and the planning thereof, I called it a Sacred Divine Adventure, and for me that is exactly what it was.  As I planned it and what it is now,  as it unfolds and as I go through and live each experience. And  when I decided to started the blog and writing, as a reflection of my journey, I wasn’t 100% sure how it would work out or how my writing and who I am would be accepted,  as its not only my close, personal friends who are reading my blog and following my adventure, in fact as more and more people follow my blog,  the more aware I have become that I am exposing myself completely and in an honest and open way. 

I have had so much feedback from my friends and people and the most feedback I have been receiving is an acknowledgement of how brave I am in what I am doing. This has got me thinking as I really didn’t see myself as brave and what I have been reflecting on is, "what does brave mean? and am I really so brave?"  The quote at the top written by Aristotle explains bravery and for the first time, I realised that I am brave and that my journey is one of bravery.  And its a humble realisation about myself,  because as I look back over my life and how it has worked out for me, without bravery and courage,  I would have never come to where I am right now and become the person that I Am.  So I take this moment to thank you all for acknowledging my bravery, for acknowledging me and for encouraging me, supporting me and loving me as my journey unfolds. 

And for my new friends and followers, thank you for joining me on this Sacred Divine Adventure.


Visiting Florence was amazing,  but the hoards and hoards of people and the noise and bustle of city life made it really challenging and once again, there was the stress of catching buses, reading maps, getting directions, getting ripped off by taxi drivers  - not the softness of the country side and it rained and rained.  But what a beautiful city and I would love to come here again, rent an apartment for 3 to 4 weeks and explore Florence and spend time seeing the treasures it has to offer.  And there are so many.  I booked a tour called My Florence – which included the Academy (where the magnificent David resides), a walk around Florence exploring the architecture and learning about its amazing history and then a visit to Uffizi Gallery – the most unbelievable centre where every amazing Renaissance artists’ work is resident.

DSCN1520

While in Florence I met Australians, Germans, Americans, Chinese, Dutch, Canadian, Belgium, Russian, Spanish people all visiting for different reasons, all having a completely different itineraries and all in awe of the beauty and the history.  And I did meet South Africans,  I love our accent – it was great to meet and chat with people from home – from Jozi, Cape Town, Somerset West – wonderful !!!
DSCN1657
DSCN1540












Now getting back the story of being brave – Michelangelo was a genius, an artist, and a very brave man.  His work, his passion, his self discovery and self awareness and his work is so inspiring and visiting his work and feeling the power of his sculpture, learning how he envisaged the form within the marble and then created pieces that show the emergence of sheer brilliance and movement reflected in his sculpture – what an inspiring man – and I am enthralled by his genius and talent – so much to offer and learn from this master.


DSCN1677DSCN1704DSCN1608

So from a brave Nidhi – who has been travelling for a month now – from a very proud South African who really missed home today -I wish you blessed Freedom Day – an amazing Pink Loerie Festival – a blessed Samhain – happy 1 May – until next time so much love xxx

1 comment:

  1. hey braveheart, happy freedom day to you too. check out the pics on facebook from our lunch in knysna yesterday. lotsa love, la

    ReplyDelete