Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What a gift this is !

Suddenly, very very quickly, and quite out of the blue, I realised that tomorrow 2 weeks I am flying home to SA.  A lifetime of journey or maybe a journey of a lifetime is winding to a place of closure and re-opening to something new.  When I embarked on my journey, so many of my beloved friends shared with me that I would change, that I would be a different person through the experiences I would have and through the people that I would meet along the way, and I knew in theory they were correct and that such a big adventure could only bring about expanding and opening of new parts of myself.  But I was never quite sure of what the changes and shifts would be, how could I as all was still in an itinerary and in my vision still to be created and experienced.  Well I can say now, with all my conviction, that through the experiences that I have lived in the past 7 months, I have shifted, transformed and am returning to South Africa with new feelings about myself.  The shifts and changes are subtle and deep within my being, the acceptance of myself and who I AM is for me the reflection of my sacred, divine adventure and the mirror has been in the amazing people I have met and interacted with, through whom I have been able to witness Who I Am - and my eyes have been opened.
What a gift this is !

Its very interesting for me to have been ill these past 2 weeks as when I left the Garden Route and left SA, I was also ill and my body is such a wonderful indicator for me to read how I carry my stress, fear, angst and healing processes.  How different the 2 experiences have been and I am amazed and how important this time of healing and resting, being in such a gentle, loving healing space with my beloved friend Santosh, reflects the change and the shift in my manifestation and the mammoth transformation I have gone through.  What a gift this is !


There is something I would like to share ............. I lived in Cape Town in the 1980's,  a time when SA was going through such turbulence and terrible times, there was so much fear, there were bombs and explosions, arrests, no freedom of expression and it was horrible.  I was a young mother then and so much of what was happening around me was a reflection of what was happening within my own life, trying to survive in a very shaky world and there was a place where I would go for inspiration, to reflect and to gain power.  This is Chapmans Peak.  I would sit on the side of the road on the pass and look at to the point over the vast ocean and I  would prayer, talk to God, and I would get power and strength to carry on and I always knew that all would be okay.  This power point is extremely beautiful.  During the years that I have been living first in Jozi and the on the Garden Route, every time I go to Cape Town, I visit Chapmans Peak and have a moment with this point always using my time there to ask for guidance and to say thank you for the immensity of this power point for me.  And now, from 1 Dec 2012, I am relocating to Cape Town and have found a garden apartment in Hout Bay, 5 mins from Chapmans Peak. What is so amazing about this is that I am so excited to go to my fav. spot and open my arms and embrace my power point and just say Thank You - I have gained so much courage from this point of power, so much strength to get through so many dark and lonely moments in my life, and now I have the honour of being able to say Thank You.  What a gift this is !


My time in Scotland, after Findhorn, has been very still and much of the time has been resting and healing in the guest room of Santosh in Rosyth.  And during this time, there have been very few sunny, warm days, mostly rain, grey and cold days, making resting and being quiet really easy.  And giving me the opportunity to just be still.  I haven't seen much of this beautiful land, but the bits I have seen are so beautiful, especially the sky, so open, close to the earth and just expanded.  On Sunday that has just passed, Santosh and I set off on an adventure to a place called the Hermitage, near Dunkeld, in the Scottish Highlands.  I discovered it when we arrived there that I had stopped there on my way to Rosyth, and so wanted to get out and walk in the forest near the river but it was raining.  Well this time we went prepared with boots and umbrellas, jackets, water, etc. for our adventure.  Santosh is far more prepared that I am - she lives here and knows that the sun has only shone about 15 days this year, but I come from Africa so my wardrobe is slightly different.  Anyway it was amazing, walking in this magical forest, with moss and trees and just the wonders of the natural world so abundant.  A fairy playground I am sure, I could almost hear their laughter and joy as we walked and breathed the crisp, cleansing air and felt the invigorating coldness on our skin.  The sun popped in every now and again, but generally it was muddy and wet, and I did slip at one point and ended up with a brown muddy patch on my knee - but it didn't matter, this was medicine for my soul and I loved every moment of our walk.  We ended at the car park with a delicious coffee and muffin from the vendor, and then set off on a drive through Dundee along the Fife Coastal Route all along fishing and other villages, all steeped with history and amazing stories.  It was a wonderful day, and having Fish & Chips in a fishing village called Anstruther, drinking organic Elderberry wine, and a walk on the pier after sunset.  A wonderful day with a wonderful friend, and so amazing to have someone to share magic moments with, take photos, laugh and just be - What a gift it is !






 The last time I spend my birthday alone was in 1979, I turned 19 and was living in Hillbrow, Jozi in a bachelor flat, and I was in a not so good space in my life.  31 years later, I am about to spend my birthday alone, in that I don't have my friends and family with me, but not alone by any means in that I am going to do a detox retreat in Norfolk  and will be pampered, nurtured, healed and renewed, which is such a perfect way to spend my birthday, and honour myself and the journey I have just been on.  I am reflecting on how my life has shifted and changed, not only on this adventure, but as each year and milestone is reached, the manifestation and growth I have undertaken has been phenomenal, and here I am at 52 in the most perfect place right now, spending time with ME, What a gift it is !

My next post may be from London, it may be from OR Tambo Airport, and it may be from the Garden Route.  I only have 2 weeks left of my journey and want to make the most of each and every moment.  I have so much inspiration to share and will have much to write about as my Sacred Adventure continues, but that is then and this is NOW.  Being in each moment and loving what is, is such a gift, and What a gift it is !

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment