Saturday, April 14, 2012

Retreat

DSCN0902   Namaste and blessings from a very special space in Umbria – situated between San Venanzo and Marchiano.  I wish I could photograph and share with you the peace and tranquillity here – you have will take my word.  Its so peaceful and the sounds of the birds is all that one hears – occasionally a car in the distance, very distant, or a plane flying over – very seldom.  The house is old but has been renovated so has all the modern necessities to make staying here wonderful.  Being Europe and having cold weather, they are properly equipped and there is central healing in all the rooms and the bathrooms which has been amazing as its been quite cold – an average of 12 deg.  each day going down to to about 4 at night – and its been cloudy and rainy so the heating is most appreciated.

Gabriele is an amazing Italian chef and has been feeding me local Italian delights each evening.  Each evening I have been surprised by the variety of food he serves me, the flavours and the tastes.  Each meal includes a starter of some sort – a rice or pasta course and then I asked for vegetables, which are all prepared in a very Italian way.  Most evenings I have leave the vegetables and have them for my lunch the next day as I just can’t finish the food and with meal is a wonderful red wine which is made locally – Italians love their wine ! and so do I – each evening I go to my room slightly flushed and really relaxed.

Because this is a retreat space for me – time for Rest and Relaxation – I am not doing much each day and am so enjoying the quiet, the tranquillity and the space to catch up with myself.  As I relax and Be more and more each day, I let go of all the angst and stress I carried after packing up my house, saying goodbye to my animals, my loved ones and my life.  This was a really good plan for me to create this space and the timing was perfect, and confirms the divinity and sacredness of this journey and how beautifully it all has worked out.  This whole journey is Divine and Sacred and I am supported completely to do this – I AM Blessed I AM Divine I AM that I AM !

DSCN0900      South African Grapes and Plums in the local supermarket    DSCN0907  Old ruins as I walked on the property (some sunshine Smile )   

DSCN0920   View from the property looking onto the valley – open spaces beautiful vistas

I leave here on the 19th and have a very busy and wonderful itinerary planned for the rest of my time in Italy.   I have made some changes to my original itinerary and one the them includes a visit to Antibes in France to meet with my friend Ursula who is working on a Yacht there.  I am really looking forward to this adventure, seeing a tiny bit of France and seeing a friend from home – someone familiar and comfortable to be with. 

In the past week there has been 2 earthquakes – one affecting Bali and much of the Indian Ocean and one in Mexico.  I am off to Bali after Italy and its interesting for me to feel the vulnerability of travelling and knowing that anything can happen at any time.  And that includes the garden route too – I was really saddened by the whale that washed up on the beach on Buffalo Bay –  blessed whale be at peace.

My daughter Nicole, leaves South Africa on the 25th April for China - wow that is going to be an amazing journey and learning about  a new culture.  I am sure being there will be different to what the media and our understanding of China is.  I bless Nicole as she travels and undertakes this remarkable journey - be safe my angel and have the most unbelievable time.

To end of - today is the 14th April - its 23 years ago since my father passed on.  I didn't have a good relationship with my father and there much that I feel that is missing from my life because of this.  Here I am in Italy where my father served with the Allied Forces during the 2nd world war.  I wish I knew where - but anyway that is the way it is, and today I take this opportunity honour and acknowledge my father and the role of the masculine within my life.

Until next time, be blessed
Om Shanti Ome








1 comment: