Sunday, April 8, 2012

Understanding

It been just over a week since I arrived in Italy - a short time that already feels like a lifetime, which I suppose it is,  but also very much a paradigm shift for me.  Letting go of my whole life, allowing others to take over every aspect of my work, my finances, my responsibilities and to completely let go and trust everything is as it is has been such a huge shift for me and as I planned and arranged this adventure, my whole being was in the planning and creating, now I am in the doing.  And the doing is the part now what I have found to be challenging and life changing (as it is meant to be of course).  


One of the aspects to this journey so far is not being able to communicate and interact as I normally do, this is not South Africa in any way and the whole culture and people are different.  Generally people are not very helpful and really just busy with their own journey and their own life story - we all are and learning to deal and be in that reality is what I am learning right now.  This adventure is for me to learn to be alone with myself, to experience whatever life shows me in as aware and empowered way possible, and to be open to whatever happens in each moment - my understanding is deepening and more and more my eyes (and the eyes of my soul) are opening.  


I spent Friday, Sat and Sun morning - Full Moon - Pesach and Easter in Narni, a village that has been inhabited since the Paleolithic and Neolithic Ages, so its old and seeped in history.  Narni (in Latin Narnia) originally called Nequinum,  has been mentioned in records as early as 600 BC.  Interesting enough the imaginary land of Narnia, described in the works of C. S. Lewis, is said to have been named after Narni after he came across the name in an atlas as a child.  And magic is sure is. Wandering in the old streets of cobbled stone among the buildings that have such deep roots and so many stories, listening the church bells chime ever hour resonating and filling the spaces of the town, was an experience that I always dreamed of having Italy.  Being a celebration weekend, the town was busy with a buzz of all sorts of people, taking time out of their busy lives to come and celebrate their holy time in the country, so there was lots of energy and diversity of people.  


It rained much of Saturday and this gave me the time to relax, repack and sort my case and rest - and in the evening I wandered down a little ally to find a Trattoria - La Gallina Liberata Cucina (Chicken Liberated Kitchen) - a vegetarian kitchen run by a woman who practices Yoga and the space resonated such light and warmth.  I walked in to the sounds of Youssou NDour and my spirit lifted.  She offered me a warm bowl of the most delicious and nutritious bean soup and a glass of local wine, and I felt filled and happy and connected with a kindred spirit  and although we couldn't have a conversation, we connected.







So now I am in Assisi - home of St Francis of Assisi and gee its beautiful.  I have just arrived and the train journey was amazing, seeing the ancient, old villages on the hill sides in the country side.  And I have 2 nights here so lots of exploring to do.  Its evening now and the the sky is filled with light after a cloudy and rainy day - and its inspiring.  Something beautiful that I have received this weekend from one of my mentors Marianne Williamson is that the road to enlightenment is filled with un-learning and I am un-learning fear, negative thoughts, not trusting life's flow, and many other patterns, and the strongest message I am accepting right now is TRUST - TRUST - TRUST - and I trust that you are all blessed and having a wonderful, peaceful Pesach & Easter weekend.


Be blessed always
Om Shanti Om
Nidhi xxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment